AGC/VT is the premier Vermont trade association representing every aspect of the construction industry.
Founded in 1961, members of AGC/VT are general contractors, equipment and material suppliers, insurance companies, bonding firms, financial institutions, consultants and other businesses and individuals connected to the construction industry.
- Provide advocacy services for members and the industry at large on legislation under consideration at the Vermont Legislature and the Federal Congress.
- Advocate for members regarding public policy creation and changes before Vermont and Federal rule making bodies.
- Establish collaborative relationships with Vermont’s Technical Centers, the Vermont Municipal Highway Association and other workplace safety organizations.
- Offer ongoing, industry leading safety training and education courses.
- Deliver up-to-date information on industry trends and changes.
- Organize and promote member-to-member events and activities to strengthen networking and business practices.
- Provide advocacy and education, administrative support, and regulatory assistance for the Vermont Independent Electrical Contractors Association (VIECA).
AGC/VT is a state chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America, (AGC) a national organization representing the interests of construction industry professionals.
AGC is the leading association for the construction industry. AGC represents more than 25,000 firms, including over 6,500 of America’s leading general contractors, and over 8,800 specialty-contracting firms. More than 10,400 service providers and suppliers are associated with AGC through a nationwide network of chapters. Visit the AGC website at www.agc.org.