Heavy Equipment Operator 3
Casella Construction is hiring experienced Heavy Equipment Operators. The role of Equipment Operator 3in one that performs highly complex and difficult construction and maintenance activities by operating a variety of heavy equipment. Casella Construction provides unique construction projects that allow for hands-on learning and the opportunity to be part of a team that oversees a project from start to finish.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Acts as a leader to laborers and other equipment operators.
- Operates all CCI construction assets safely and efficiently.
- Executes all job duties of Operator 2 without supervision.
- Leads work as directed by foreman or superintendent.
- Safely operates construction, excavation, hauling, maintenance equipment including loaders, bulldozers, and excavators to complete job tasks.
- Efficient in using GPS on all assets.
- Performs field maintenance repairs.
- Practices safety by estimating weights and distances, being fully aware of your surroundings.
- Conducts daily pre and post equipment inspections.
- Monitors gauges and other indicators to ensure safe operation of equipment.
- Maintains records of time worked and materials used.
- Completes daily paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Heavy Equipment Operator 3
||Casella Construction, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School or GED preferred.
- Vocational training preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 10 years of experience as a heavy equipment operator (Bulldozer, Loader, Excavator).
- Understanding of safety rules and regulations.
- Experience with construction jobsite layouts and grading.
- Experience in reading and understanding project plans.
- Must be able to work some weekends and or nights, when needed.
- Must be able to travel out of town for a day and or a week.
- Ability to participate in regulatory trainings (First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10, Flagging, Spotter).
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as assignments change.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with coworkers and supervisor.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Sound knowledge of construction and practical experience with tools and equipment.
- Organized with a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Great hand, eye, and foot coordination.
- Exhibit attention to detail.
- Familiar with Safety Protocols.
- Proficiency in math and reading.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climb inclines for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather.
Casella Construction offers competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, supplemental insurances and 401(k) retirement with company match up to 4%. Company paid holidays and paid time off. Hotel accommodations and mileage reimbursement when applicable.
||This listing expires on: 3/16/2024