Heavy Construction Laborer 3
Casella Construction is looking to add new team members to our Construction Skilled Laborer Team for the 2023 spring-summer construction season. The Construction Laborer 3 performs a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on the construction site. Casella Construction provides unique construction projects that allow for hands-on learning and the opportunity to be a part of a team that oversees a project from start to finish.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Executes all tasks assigned to Laborer 1 & 2 without supervision.
- Guides other laborers on tasks and equipment.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Operates support equipment (skid steer, mini roller, haul truck).
- Spreads gravel, asphalt, and other materials over surfaces.
- Installs water and or sewer lines as assigned or directed.
- Follows instructions verbally and in written form and perform tasks with little to no supervision.
- Completes daily paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Heavy Construction Laborer 3
||Casella Construction, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School or GED preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 3-5 years of experience as a construction laborer.
- Experience with HDPE welding and water/sewer pipe installation.
- Experience with concrete finishing.
- Experience with building demolition.
- Experience with construction jobsite layouts and grading.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as assignments change.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with coworkers and supervisor.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work some weekends and or nights, when needed.
- Must be able to travel out of town for a day and or a week.
- Ability to participate in regulatory trainings (First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10, Flagging, Spotter).
- HAZWOPER 40hr certification.
- Familiar with safety protocols.
- Proficiency in math and reading
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climb inclines for the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather.
Compensation and Benefits:
Casella Construction offers competitive wages and a full benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances
- Voluntary Short- & Long-Term Disability.
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Company Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program with up-to 4% company match and immediate vesting.
||This listing expires on: 3/16/2024