Fleet Supervisor Maintenance - Transportation
Casella Construction is seeking to hire a Fleet Supervisor, Maintenance (Transportation) to join our team in Pittsford, Vermont. The Fleet Supervisor, Maintenance is one of two first-line leaders for a $12M maintenance organization of mechanics, fabricators, and technicians and coordinates the workflow and execution in the maintenance area. Casella Construction has restructured the maintenance division by combining off-road and on-road functions together, which creates an exciting opportunity for the right operations supervisor. The Supervisor will ensure cohesive, multishift support in scheduling the maintenance team and organizing, scheduling, and executing PM programs and repairs while following priorities established by the Director of Fleet Maintenance. The Supervisor will be responsible for the daily execution of tasks and will provide back-up and support to the other Fleet Supervisor (Construction). The best candidate will be a safety-first leader who has in-depth experience troubleshooting and repairing diesel, gas, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and emission systems for a Class 7/8 Fleet consisting of Tractors, Dump Trucks, Walking Floor and Tipper Trailers, and Low Beds.
- Focuses on supporting the maintenance team and ensures that the team is working on the correct machines at the right time based on company priorities.
- Assesses and directs work assignments of fabricators, mechanics, and technicians.
- Collaborates with the Director of Fleet Maintenance to facilitate the proper training and development of employees.
- Ensures safe execution of day-to-day shop operations and overall cleanliness of the shop.
- Oversees the oil sampling program.
- Reviews and closes out work orders by following proper coding structures, notes, and parts orders before equipment is released to Operations.
- Manages maintenance and execution of repairs and PM programs for all transportation assets with the support of internal mechanics and third-party vendors.
- Works with company dispatch to secure daily priority scheduling to ensure asset availability, then communicates appropriately.
- Makes sure the shops have the right specialty tools to properly maintain the fleet.
- Assists Director of Fleet Maintenance with coordinating maintenance activities to maximize operational efficiency of equipment and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Maintains and improves preventative maintenance programs to ensure all equipment is continuously operational.
- Understands and utilizes company’s maintenance management software (B2W Maintain) to input work orders, and review labor hours against work orders, inventory, and assets.
- Ensures DVIR daily compliance filing of equipment inspection forms. Maintains equipment request logs.
Fleet Supervisor Maintenance - Transportation
||Casella Construction, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least three years of experience in a supervisory maintenance role.
- Five years or more of experience in a fleet maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of diesel, gas, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and emission systems.
- Experience with and knowledge of FMCSA DOT regulations.
- Certified AEMP preferred.
- Industry certification desired.
- A methodical planner with strong organizational skills – must also demonstrate flexibility and creativity in finding solutions to situations that are outside of your control.
- Excellent internal and external customer support skills with the ability to multi-task and manage numerous responsibilities in a fast-paced organization.
- Work collaboratively in an inclusive, team-oriented maintenance environment.
- Strong bias for action and a sense of urgency. Resolve issues quickly.
- Analyze and diagnose problems, develop solutions, and recommend an effective course of action.
- Exhibit attention to detail and accuracy.
- A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in the right way.
- Demonstrate supervisory capabilities by taking the initiative to build, develop, and motivate the team through effective communication, managing conflict, and problem-solving.
- Have a follow-through mentality in creating accountability and consistency for the team by bringing an issue, project, or process to completion.
Casella Construction offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, supplemental insurances, and 401(k) retirement options including a company match.
||This listing expires on: 3/16/2024