Safety & Risk Manager
Kingsbury Companies is looking for a Safety & Risk Manager. The Safety & Risk Manager must be detail-orientated to identify health and safety law violations and concerns by creating a plan to avoid future issues.
The Safety & Risk Manager is responsible for educating staff about the workplace's health and safety protocols and conditions. Additionally, they will be accountable for injury and incident reporting. In the event of an incident or injury, the safety and risk manager will work with affected employees to conduct an incident report. They will also be responsible for reporting claims to the necessary parties. Claims management is a significant part of the position, including working with insurance adjusters, medical professionals, and employees to ensure their restricted needs are met.
Individuals who work as Safety and Risk Managers are trained in and are familiar with the OSHA regulations governing the type of work the company performs. In addition, they must be familiar with OSHA regulations specific to trade.
A successful Safety & Risk Manager must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations, and the ability to hold people accountable.
Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide active leadership in developing safety awareness on the part of all employees, mainly through adhering to company safety rules, using PPE where designated, and participating in safety meetings.
- Assessing equipment to gauge if it is up to safety standards.
- Monitoring staff to evaluate if they are following health and safety protocols.
- Hosting presentations to educate staff about health and safety laws.
- The company’s creation plans to avoid breaking health and safety laws.
- Investigating accidents in the workplace to evaluate how safety measures can be improved.
- Establish an annual loss control budget and operational safety objectives.
- Establish a written reporting system to ensure safety objectives are met and maintained.
- Establish quarterly meetings with insurance carriers and claims managers/adjusters to discuss open claims and their status.
- Communicate pertinent background data to a claims adjuster.
- Develop and conduct safety training for field staff.
- Organize and develop the agenda for quarterly safety meetings.
- Conduct one documented site visit per site two times per month, and report on findings to project management. A follow-up to ensure remedial work, if any, has been completed.
- Coordinate and oversee Builders Risk Policies for all active projects.
- Conduct incident investigations, including root cause analysis.
- Conduct Safety Orientation for new employees.
- Assist Project Managers with their development of Site-Specific Safety Plans.
- Provide direct support to Project Managers, Superintendents, and employees with safety/compliance questions.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis and Activity hazard analysis for active projects.
- Develop Site-Specific Orientations for new projects.
- Conduct a Pre-Construction Survey before the project’s kick-off.
- Participate in industry Safety Committee Meetings.
Safety & Risk Manager
||$60,000 - $80,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Safety and Risk Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience as a Safety/Risk manager in the construction field.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other project staff.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software.
- Ability to travel extensively and perform site visits.
- Valid driver's license.
||This listing expires on: 1/31/2024