Kingsbury Companies, LLC is searching for a lead estimator to join our team. As a lead estimator, you will manage our estimating department and create major cost estimates. Additionally, you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of all projects.
To be successful as a lead estimator, you should have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail. A lead estimator will possess tremendous interpersonal savvy and the ability to overcome challenges and problem-solve. Negotiating and creating accurate time and cost estimates is a must.
Lead Estimator Responsibilities:
- Management of estimating department and staff.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for selected projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project resources.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, obtaining materials, and securing pricing with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that required documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Consistent communication with management and client regarding project status.
- The creation of contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost, time estimates, and organization.
- Collaborating with the team, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
||$80,000 - $100,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Lead Estimator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience as an estimator in the construction field.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other project staff.
- Detailed research and proposal writing.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software.
- Ability to travel extensively and perform site visits.
- Valid driver's license
||This listing expires on: 1/31/2024