Advanced Summer Help (Internship)
This position is open to Sophomore and Junior year college students, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering programs. Geared toward those hands-on, field-oriented candidates who would like to grow a career into future Superintendent roles.
Ability to perform job specific instruction provided by Superintendents, Blasting Supervisor or Drill Operators. Individuals must be safety-minded and able to work well in varying weather environments. Out of town travel and overtime may be required.
- Adhere to Company Safety procedures and policies
- Physical agility
- Submit the following records to Blaster/Foreman on a Weekly basis: Accurate and Signed Time Card
- Ability to quickly learn safety aspects of working construction sites and working around explosives
- Participate in monthly Foreman, periodic safety and job meetings as needed
- Participate in daily heads up safety meetings
- Ability to take direction and perform construction laboring activities
- Ability to work unsupervised occasionally
- Pump blast holes dry with water pump
- Load and unload explosives from truck
- Carry buckets of stemming stone to stem blast holes
- Maintain clean and organize job site
- Other duties as assigned