The position of Laborer performs a variety of tasks under the close supervision of assigned Leads and Supervisors. These tasks may include assisting with assigned workloads and projects, manual duties in support of construction and drilling and supplementing crews to meet project deadlines and related labor-related functions. In addition, provide a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on work sites.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Submits accurate and signed timecards to Blaster/Foreman on a weekly basis.
- Participates in both daily and monthly safety meetings including monthly Foreman meetings as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assists skilled workers as assigned. This may include jobs such as demolition, carrying supplies and project-related equipment to work sites.
- Unload delivered materials and distributes to appropriate location as identified by supervisor, project plans and specifications.
- Prepares layout area where construction will take place by accurately measuring, marking, recording openings and related distances.
- Prepares tools and materials for skilled workers at job to include digging trenches, erecting scaffolding and cleaning up rubble, debris, and trash.
- Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Cleans jobsite at the end of the day, ensuring trash is properly disposed of and materials or equipment are properly and safely stored and secured.
- Adheres to Company Safety procedures.
- Maintain clean and organized job site.
- Load and unload explosives from truck.
- Carries buckets of stemming stone to stem blast holes.
- Pumps blast holes dry with water pump.
||Maine Drilling and Blasting
|Posting Start Date:
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments vary and may change.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly learn safety aspects of working construction sites and working around explosives.
- Ability to take directions and perform construction-laboring activities.
- Ability to work unsupervised occasionally
- Strong commitment to a “Safety First” attitude.
- Standard work week, although generally Monday through Friday, may vary because some jobs must continue non-stop until completion and/or to meet accepted project timetable.
- Overtime may be required as project work dictates.
- Primary work is of a physical, manual labor nature and is outdoors in varying degree of weather elements, both cold and hot temperatures, depending on the seasons of the year and job locations.
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and communicate progress.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, and lifting 60 – 70 percent of the time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds 50 percent of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds 5 percent of the time.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to excess noise under strenuous working conditions.
- Proficiency to work at a steady pace on uneven and loose surfaces outside.
- Out of town and state travel to worksites required, as necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must successfully pass criminal background check for ATF.
- Valid state driver’s license with good driving record.
- Access to provide own transportation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug/alcohol test.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior job experience in construction labor industry.
Maine Drilling and Blasting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We will not discriminate with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, and physical or mental disability in its hiring or related business activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement:
||This listing expires on: 4/21/2023