WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE?
Fully Competent Level - in addition to the above competencies
Technical Knowledge: Understanding of gas engineering principles. Proficient with Excel, Word, Access, and familiar with GIS and Gas Modeling software. Knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations. Knowledge of industry codes and standards. Knowledge of natural gas construction and maintenance techniques, material, and procedures. Excellent writing skills and ability to read and understand technical materials and codes. Knowledge of natural gas safety.
Problem Solving: Ability to solve complex engineering and mathematical problems independently. Ability to develop construction plans, procedures cost estimates and schedules. Ability to manage, analyze, and report on complex datasets. Ability to coach and assign work to engineering interns.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work effectively with various internal and external customers. Ability to monitor performance of contractor construction crews.
Organizational Skills: Ability to organize, prioritize, manage, and oversee multiple complex projects independently.
Accountability: Employees at the fully competent level in this position are:
- Responsible for maintaining distribution pipeline records.
- Responsible for implementing Distribution Pipeline Integrity activities.
- Responsible for maintaining Distribution Integrity Management documentation.
- Maintain an understanding of the distribution pipeline CP systems.
- Must ensure safety and regulatory standards are met.
- Must be willing to travel to attend seminars and conferences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience in natural gas compliance or related field preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
- Strong PC software skills.
- Technical writing skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Position is Safety Sensitive and subject to appropriate drug and alcohol testing as prescribed by the Federal Register 49 CFR-Section 199.
• During the summer months will continuously walk/stand. During the winter months will continuously sit. Frequently works on computer.
• Frequently required to drive, use both hands for simple grasping, and work outdoors with occasional exposure to weather conditions.
• Occasionally lift between 10-50 lbs.; push; pull; bend; stoop; and squat.
• Exposure to dust, fumes, gases, chemicals, etc.; walking on uneven ground and subject to hazards.
• Must be willing to travel occasionally.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.