Motivated to be industry leading by executing challenging projects to the highest standards and displaying an unwavering commitment to professionalism, integrity, and safety.
Casella Construction is seeking a qualified, energetic, self-starter, Project Engineer to join our team. In this role you will learn all aspects of construction projects working within the project management team. This position provides engineering and professional support for large earthwork, site development, environmental, and demolition projects.
||Casella Construction, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
- Support project managers and owners when estimating new projects. Work includes performing detailed take-offs, volume calculations, ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, communicate with vendors and subcontractors, attend pre-bid meetings, and partially assemble cost in estimating software.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of fleet of GPS automated bulldozers and excavators (assist in mobilizing and demobilizing of GPS equipment on dozers, setting up GPS base stations, calibration of dozers, import 3d surface files in the dozers, and provide technical and quality control support to the entire project team
- Assemble and maintain detailed project schedule(s)
- Prepare and manage project submittals and materials buy-outs
- Prepare and manage Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Prepare and upload layout information for field staff
- Create and track project change orders
- Edit drawings and create 3D models for equipment automation
- Measure quantities for payment
- Collect and generate as built information and record drawings from field data
- Prepare project closeout documents including project as-builts, operations manuals, warranty information, etc.
- Attendance of project meetings as needed.
- Periodic travel throughout New England and New York.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Construction
- Self-starter, professional and motivated
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is a plus but not required
Preferred Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- 0-5 years’ experience in a Civil or Construction Engineering, or related experience or training or equivalent combination or education and experience in surveying or construction.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
||This listing expires on: 3/18/2023