Motivated to be industry leading by executing challenging projects to the highest standards and displaying an unwavering commitment to professionalism, integrity, and safety
Casella Construction Inc, a Vermont based heavy civil construction company with multiple jobsites throughout Vermont, is currently seeking to add a Civil Foreman who is experienced in heavy civil construction to our team. In this position, you would be assisting Superintendent with daily planning, directing and motivating workers, equipment and materials and complete the job safely, on time and within budget. Must be a strong team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Maintain Productive workflow
- Responsible for enforcement of safety standards with crew and others on worksite.
- Read plans and coordinate layout with supervisors.
- Utilize survey benchmarks and offsets to lay out work at hand.
- Complete daily paperwork and communicate effectively with all Casella Construction personnel
- 2+ years’ experience as a heavy civil construction foreman
- Thorough knowledge or planning, layout and execution of excavation, backfill and underground piping/utilities (Ductile iron pipe, PVC pipe, HDE pipe, reinforced concrete pipe, precast structures)
- Ability to provide accurate layout for line and grade from established benchmarks.
- Competency in working with deep excavations requiring the use of trench boxes and other support systems.
- Experience in mass excavation, demolition, site work and utility line work.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment – Loader, Haul truck, Excavator.
- Ability to read plans and specifications.
- Ability to take direction and manage multiple people.
- Desire to learn and constantly improve.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Good computer skills and experience with construction software, field logs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather.
- Able to lift 50lbs. Stand, kneel, walk, and stop for extended periods of time.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license.
Company Benefits and Opportunities:
Casella Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Short & Long Term disability supplemental insurances, 401(k) retirement with company match up to 4%, Paid holidays and time off.
If offered the position, you will also receive a company paid iPhone, iPad, company vehicle and fuel card.
Casella Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.