Walker Construction is an Employee-owned Company (ESOP) operating in Stowe, VT. We provide concrete and excavation services to the surrounding area for homeowners, and general contractors, in both residential and commercial/municipal sectors. The company has been in operation since 1972 and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2022. We are proud of our reputation for providing quality work in a timely manner.
This position is a direct report to the Superintendent and Project Manager. The concrete finisher is responsible for all work related to finished slabs, sidewalks, stamped concrete and cast-in-place curbing including the installation of vapor barriers. This role is also responsible for assisting in gathering materials at the shop for daily work.
||Walker Construction, Inc
||Waterbury Center, VT
||$22-$28 Per Hour Based on Experience
|Posting Start Date:
The key responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to:
- Following the directions of the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Clear communication with leadership and co-workers
- Complete work in a safe manner following safety protocols and company policies
- Installing reinforcements
- Finishing concrete using hand tools and mechanical equipment
- Assist with the maintenance of on-site equipment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED- Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License- Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hardhat, and gloves.
- Willingness to learn an teach others on the job
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of plans and specifications
- Capable of completing layout without assistance
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, extreme temperatures, and work sites will have uneven and inconsistent work surfaces?
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 LBS and on occasion lift 100 LBS?
- Kneeling and bending are required?
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between 40 and 60 hours per week during the construction season. Additional travel and overtime may be required when deemed necessary.
Walker Construction offers competitive compensation based on experience and benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, employee stock options, paid holidays and paid time off. If you feel this could be the right position for your career, send a copy of your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Interviews will begin immediately for employment starting in the Spring of 2022.
||This listing expires on: 2/16/2024