Concrete Form Setter
Walker Construction is an Employee-owned Company (ESOP) operating in Stowe, VT. We provide concrete and excavation services to the surrounding area for homeowners, and general contractors, in both residential and commercial/municipal sectors. The company has been in operation since 1972 and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2022. We are proud of our reputation for providing quality work in a timely manner.
This position is a direct report to the job Foreman.? The Form Setter/Laborer is responsible for a broad range of functions for the job site that include but are not limited to hand work, panel setting, carpentry and installing reinforcing.? This role is also responsible for assisting in gathering materials at the shop for daily work.
Concrete Form Setter
||Walker Construction Inc
||Waterbury Center, VT
||$18-$26 Per Hour Based on Experience
|Posting Start Date:
The key responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to:
- Following the directions of the job foreman or assistant foreman
- Clear communication with leadership and co-workers
- Complete work in a safe manner following safety protocols and company policies
- Setup and breakdown of forms
- Assist with the maintenance of on-site equipment
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED- Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License- Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hardhat, and gloves.
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of basic plans and specifications- preferred but not necessary
- Capable of completing layout with assistance- preferred but not necessary
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, extreme temperatures, and work sites will have uneven and inconsistent work surfaces?
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 LBS and on occasion lift 100 LBS?
- Kneeling and bending are regularly required?
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between 40 and 60 hours per week during the construction season. Additional travel and overtime may be required when deemed necessary.
||This listing expires on: 2/16/2024