Asphalt Screed Operator
Asphalt Screed Operator responsible for controlling material taken into the paver and the depths of the material placed by the paver. Manipulates hand or foot levers to control the movements of the paving machine screed, which spreads and levels asphaltic concrete on subgrade, highway and related surfaces such as parking lots, streets, etc. Perform normal maintenance such as oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the equipment. May perform other related duties, such as adding or removing screed extensions, installing or removing automatic devices or other accessories associated with the machine.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Experience in all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grading, paving patterns, size of aggregates, job specifications and compaction.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to pave roadways utilizing the equipment and must perform additional tasks of other positions per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman/Superintendent, Management.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to Management.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Regularly clean operator environment of debris and dirt.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Asphalt Screed Operator
||Bazin Brothers Trucking, Inc.
|Posting Start Date:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pushing, pulling, vibration, twisting, kneeling, throwing and reaching.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Hard Hat, Safety Vest, Eye Protection.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of paving industry.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in paving.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to paving operations and construction sites.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of burn.
The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
||This listing expires on: 2/28/2023