Aggregate Heavy Equipment Operator / Laborer
Motivated to be industry leading by executing challenging projects to the highest standards and displaying an unwavering commitment to professionalism, integrity, and safety.
Casella Construction is seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator / laborer to join our Aggregate Division in Clarendon VT. The right candidate will be a responsible and safety conscious Heavy Equipment Operator and is capable of general labor and mechanical support to maintain an aggregate plant. Joining the aggregate team with daily clean up and general plant maintenance when not operating. The candidate should have a strong work ethic, who is motivated, focused, able to work independently or as part to a team and takes pride in a job well done. If this sound like you and you got grit, we want to hear from you!
- Safely operate heavy equipment- Haul Truck, Loader.
- Prior to operating equipment, conduct routine inspections to identify needed maintenance or repairs.
- Monitor gauges and other indicators to ensure safe operation.
- Help with daily maintenance on Aggregate plant
- Adhere to all safety rules, guidelines, and codes.
- Communicate daily with supervisor.
- Perform all required daily documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- Knowledge of heavy machinery operation and capabilities.
- Understanding of safety rules and ability to safely operate machinery.
- Understanding of maintenance and basic repairs associated with heavy equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Must be able to perform in active job that often-required manual labor.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand and climb for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 50lbs
Preferred Qualifications, Experience & Attributes:
- 1+ years’ experience operating heavy equipment- Haul truck, Loader
- Knowledge of aggregate crushing equipment preferred but not required.
- MSHA Certification or experience in a mining environment a plus.
Casella Construction offers competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, supplemental insurances and 401(k) retirement with company match up to 4%. Paid time off and Holiday pay.
About our Company:
Joseph Casella and John Casella are second generation of the Casella family who are determined to carry on the successful growth and profitability Casella Construction has experienced throughout the years. We are fortunate to have and continue to expand a superlative team of people throughout the organization who are constantly expanding critical areas of our business; namely, heavy highway construction, utility installation, environmental contracting, commercial site development, demolition, aggregate and transportation. In part, Casella Construction's success is attributed to our management's (both individually and collectively) abilities to adopt to dynamic situations along with their capacity to remain in the forefront of technology and environment stewardship.