Thinking of joining the Vermont Independent Electrical Contractors Association?
Here's why you should...
The Power of Association- Associations help people band together for a common interest. Vermont's independent electrical contractors have brought together an organization of open shop electrical contractors who believe in the free enterprise philosophy. This association of independent electrical contractors and related businesses creates power and influence in the legislature and regulatory arenas.
VIECA supports the electrical industry
- VIECA is the only statewide association, which represents the interest of independent electrical contractors in Vermont.
- VIECA, in 1992 established and now supports the Apprenticeship Training program. Through a series of Electrical Code Seminars, this program trains new people to become better, independent electricians. VIECA has contributed thousands of dollars to this program from its Apprenticeship Fund and provides scholarships to deserving applicants.
- VIECA utilizes its staff to provide a presence and influence the Vermont Legislative process In addition, by its association with the national Independent Electrical Contractors association (IEC) in Washington, D.C., VIECA participates in, and keeps its membership abreast of, important issues that affect the electrical industry
- VIECA monitors the activity of the Vermont Electrical Licensing Board and the Vermont Apprenticeship Council.
- VIECA participates in the Vermont Construction Careers Council (VCCC), and by so doing, encourages young people to enter the trade, as well as working to standardize the quality of the training that they receive.
VIECA will help you to become a better contractor
- VIECA provides its members with the opportunity to network with each other through a variety of events, such as dinner meetings, golf tournaments and regular membership meetings. VIECA works to find the best speakers available to assist you in learning about innovative changes in the industry. Through these functions, you will establish better working relationships with suppliers, distributors, utility companies and state electrical inspectors.
- VIECA publishes a newsletter distributed to all VIECA members. The newsletter provides you with up to date information as to what is happening within the industry. You can also advertise your company, thus increasing your exposure within the industry.
- VIECA offers a variety of cutting Edge Seminars affording business training for electrical contractors. Members receive substantial discounts on these offerings.
VIECA will save you money
- VIECA membership qualifies contractors and all of their employees for reduced fees in all of its seminars. Additional savings are realized when purchasing required manuals such as the National Electrical Code Book, Code Update Book and the National Fire Alarm Code book.
- VIECA is a member of NFPA. VIECA’s membership in NFPA affords you the opportunity to realize NFPA member benefits at no extra charge.
- VIECA offers its contractor members the ability to participate in the CAN Workers Compensation Program, thus allowing you to save more money.
Back to the beginning...
Aside from all that you have just read, the real reason that you should join VIECA is the very first reason that was mentioned at the beginning of this informational sheet. VIECA is YOUR association, AND ASSOCIATION IS POWER. If you are an electrical contractor who desires to be the best he or she can be, or a vendor seeking to enhance your success, you need to support your association. Only through a strong, state association will you have a strong Vermont industry in which to work. VIECA can only be as strong and influential as its membership and resources. YOUR participation is vitally important for the ongoing, long-term strength of your association.
Isn't it about time that you joined vieca ?