Associated General Contractors of Vermont Member Benefits and Services
Ten Reasons to Invest in AGC of VT
* COMPETITIVE EDGE - AGC of VT has the tools to help you work smarter and more productively. Utilizing first-class training and education, a wide array of publications and continuous regulatory and legislative efforts; AGC of VT is always working to generate a meaningful return on your membership investment. AGC takes its responsibility to develop and expand markets very seriously. No other association does more to enhance your business opportunity and effectiveness.
* BUSINESS SERVICES AND BENEFITS - Membership in AGC of VT brings you access to the industry's leading services, communications and a full-range of special discounts and benefits.
Comprehensive Services - As an AGC member, you add the services of leading industry experts to your management team. Call on them for information, ideas or assistance on virtually any topic . . . they understand your business. The AGC professional staff brings you the latest in Marketing and Business Development; Education and Training; Government Relations; Safety and Health; Quality Management; Equal Employment Opportunity; Construction and Contract Law; Industry Relations; and more.
Instantaneous Communications - With its full-slate of news and information publications and services, AGC keeps you up-to-date on what is happening in the industry. You have access to the AGC on the Internet at www.agcvt.org and receive the Association's monthly newsletter and special bulletins and legislative alerts.
Cost Effective Membership Benefits - Membership opens the door to an extensive offering of more than 400 specialized publications and video programming; standard industry contracts; some of the industry's finest management training programs and special discounts on business services.
* NETWORKING - As a member, you have access to AGC's greatest resource...other members. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet with and learn from other AGC contractors from across the state and nation. AGC's Conventions and Meetings are designed to provide members with seminars and forums which let you share ideas and new approaches to problem-solving, or serve on one of AGC of VT or National AGC's committees where you can form close, personal relationships with your peers. You can double the value of your membership by getting involved...and getting ahead.
* INDUSTRY ADVANCEMENT - Involvement in every aspect of the industry has forged a proud legacy of industry leadership that encompasses a global perspective. AGC of VT has been helping VT schools and owners to better understand the construction process and how AGC's qualified contractors play an important role in their building process. Since its inception in 1961 AGC of VT members have been at the forefront of programs which have significantly enhanced construction.
* A VOICE - Its presence and effectiveness at the VT Statehouse have made AGC the voice of the VT building construction industry. By professionally and effectively representing the unique interests and concerns of construction contractors, AGC works to ensure that VT Legislators understand its members' needs.
* COST EFFECTIVENESS - Why reinvent the wheel when your firm needs guidance on industry-wide concerns? Nobody understands construction better than AGC's expert team of industry professionals. With a combined membership of over 60 general contractors and 100 suppliers and subcontractors, AGC of VT is constantly developing new programs and services to address the needs of contractors, both large and small.
Imagine the cost to your firm to hire a team of effective lobbyists to carry out and protect your interests at the VT Statehouse; or a team of safety specialists purporting reasonable safety regulations and producing materials to reduce your EMR and lower your insurance premiums; or a team of legal, labor and human resource professionals, etc. You can see the numerous services that are dedicated to "Building Your Business" that would be too costly for any one firm to undertake.
* OWNER RECOGNITION - It's dynamic marketing and public relations efforts deliver the AGC message of quality and ability to hundredsds of construction owners and users throughout VT and the nation. AGC is known and respected as the industry's leader by owners and users at the national, state and local level. An extensive outreach program also helps AGC to consult with owners, architects and engineers to identify emerging trends or concerns... and to address them effectively. Displaying the AGC logo tells project owners you share their interest in improving all aspects of the construction process - a benefit to both you and your clients.
Associated General Contractors of America Benefits
AGC of America Memership Benefits (pdf document)
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) is a membership organization dedicated to furthering the ever-changing agenda of commercial construction contractors, improving job site safety, expanding the use of cutting edge technologies and techniques and strengthening the dialogue between contractors and owners.
Founded in 1918, AGC is a full-service national trade association with a nationwide network of chapters. AGC represents more than 27,500 firms including 7,000 of America's leading general contractors, nearly 9,000 specialty contractors and more than 11,000 service providers and suppliers. AGC is the leading association for the construction industry. Regarded as the "voice and choice" of the construction industry, AGC is one of the most visible organizations in the industry.
AGC members construct commercial and public buildings, airports, shopping centers, factories and industrial plants, schools, dams and flood control facilities, highways, roads and bridges, ports, public transit, underground facilities, water and wastewater treatment facilities, multifamily housing projects, military and defense related facilities, rail and transit facilities, tunnels, housing developments and mining operations.
AGC's Top Legislative Priorities for the 112th Congress:
- Develop and Support Initiatives that will Jump-Start Privately Funded Construction and Grow the Economy, Enhance U.S. Competitiveness, and Create Jobs
- Support Congressional Oversight of Standard Setting, Rulemakings, and Regulatory Enforcement
- Support Expeditious Authorization of Infrastructure Investment Programs with Increased Dedicated Funding Levels that Address Identified Needs, Including Highway, Transit, Rail, Aviation, Drinking Water, Wastewater, Navigation and Flood Control
- Support Permanent Reduction of the Estate Tax on Familyâ€�Owned Businesses
- Support Total Repeal of 3 Percent Withholding on Government Contracts
- Preserve the Existing Process for Determining Union Representation and Maintain an
- Employer's Ability to Communicate to His/Her Employees During an Organizing
- Restore Stability to Multiâ€�Employer Pension Plans
- Ensure that Any Policies Addressing Climate Change Must Preserve U.S.
- Competitiveness in the Global Marketplace
- Support Comprehensive National Immigration Reform
- Support Workplace Policies that Promote a Safe and Healthy Work Environment for the
- Construction Industry
- Repeal Elements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that Increase Costs,
- Increase Complexity, and Reduce Coverage Options in the Marketplace
- Oppose All Efforts to Encourage the Use of Governmentâ€�Mandated Project Labor
- Agreements (PLAs) on Federal Construction Projects
- Support the Recommendations of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and
- Reform, Combining Fiscal Responsibility and Infrastructure Investment
For more than a decade, AGC has partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop compliance assistance tools to help the construction industry better understand and more efficiently comply with environmental requirements, and even move beyond legal compliance to earn an environmental certification or special recognition. Through this collaboration and AGC's exclusive Environmental Network (benefits include â€“ for example â€“ an environmental newsletter, electronic e-Forum, issue-specific Task Forces), the association helps contractors keep pace with the latest environmental developments and invites its members to participate in policymaking on environmental matters such as diesel emission reduction strategies, stormwater permit compliance, construction and demolition debris management and green construction practices.
AGC provides a broad range of products, programs and services to support the commercial construction industry, including: professional training programs for supervisors and project managers; education programs on Building Information Modeling and Lean Construction; ConsensusDocs standardized construction contracts; safety and compliance publications and videos; annual education and networking events for all segments of the construction industry; monthly webinars; and a variety of member discount programs for vehicles and fuel, package shipments and offices supplies, and other industry services. For more information, log onto AGC's website at www.agc.org.